An incredibly easy recipe that offers five-star flavor combinations.
Six simple ingredients and less than an hour are all you need to prepare this scrumptious Instant Pot Lime Chicken recipe. It’s not every day that you come across a recipe that’s this easy, nutritious, and delicious. When you do, you definitely can’t let it pass you by!
The Perfect Recipe for Beginner Chefs
If you’re a novice in the kitchen and want to impress your friends and family, this is the perfect recipe for you. It’s incredibly easy to make, but the flavor combinations are five-star. That said, we’re confident that even the most seasoned chefs will adore this Instant Pot recipe.
The warm, earthy flavor of the cumin combined with the tangy flavor of the lime elevates this chicken dish to the next level. Simply add all the ingredients in an Instant Pot. About 30 minutes later, it will be ready to shred!
Make this High-Protein Dish Your Own
No meal is as consistently visually appealing as a beautifully assembled salad (except, perhaps, a plate of tacos). The versatility of this chicken allows you to express yourself depending on your cravings and mood. With so many bright, colorful, and fresh options, you really can’t go wrong. Feel free to get creative! That said, we do have some tasty topping recommendations.
- Cheese: Shredded Mexican-style cheese is a classic option. You can also use shredded Monterey Jack cheese or a Cotija crumble.
- Veggie additions: Crisp shredded romaine is a must, but you may also want to consider using charred corn, black beans, or perhaps even the cilantro lime slaw from our Slow Cooker Clean Eating Pork Tacos recipe.
- A creamy garnish: Sour cream is always a solid option, but we like to use plain Greek yogurt in its place for a lower-fat, higher-protein option. Avocado or chopped cilantro never hurt, either.
A nutritious protein base like this will allow you to get creative with your toppings while keeping calorie count low. Use this Instant Pot Lime Chicken to top your salad or as a filling in your favorite tacos, burritos, or quesadillas!
Healthy Instant Pot Lime Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 limes zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Place chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, zest, salt, pepper and cumin in the Instant Pot. Seal lid and set on manual high pressure for 25 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, use quick release to finish releasing pressure. Shred with a fork.
- Use chicken to top your favorite salad, or as a filling in your favorite tacos, burritos, or quesadilla recipes!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
In the Mood for More Tacos?
If you enjoyed our Instant Pot Lime chicken, we think you’ll also enjoy these skinny Tex-Mex recipes:
Lean, tender tuna teams up with fresh and fruity mango salsa to create one incredibly delightful taco!
Bring some excitement back to taco night! This yummy Korean taco recipe has it all: It’s sweet, salty, spicy, and tangy, all at once.
This healthy recipe combines two of our favorite foods: hot wings and tacos. It creates an absolutely delicious option for Taco Tuesday!
It’s super easy to make vegetarian-friendly tacos, as you’ll see in this scrumptious recipe. We swapped the meat for crispy zucchini and topped it off with yummy chipotle cream sauce.
Another protein-rich but vegetarian-friendly substitution for beef is black beans. These tacos offer a gluten-free option, plus they’re filled with incredible textures and even more flavor!