Feel like preparing Asian food at home? In just a few simple steps, you can enjoy some good homemade grilled chicken right in your own kitchen without dialing for take-out. Most importantly, the ingredients in this recipe are all healthy and easy to find. So don’t shy away from a true Asian delight!
Soy sauce, lime, and ginger connote Asian flavors. These three ingredients make up the overall flavor of this grilled chicken. We use white chicken meat instead of red, because it has less calories and saturated fat. Enjoy these healthy Asian chicken skewers alone or with steamed white rice.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 large skewer or 2 small skewers (1/4 of total recipe) | Calories: 165 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 73 mg | Sodium: 334 mg | Carbohydrates: 6 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 26 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3 |
- 1 pound chicken fillet, very thin lengthwise slices
- 1/2 cup lite (low sodium) soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup lime juice (taken from 1-1/2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- In a big bowl, prepare the marinade by mixing the soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, pepper and sugar.
- Marinate the chicken for 2 hours. After 2 hours, drain the chicken and discard the marinade.
- Insert the chicken in the skewers in a zigzag manner.
- Insert the sage at the end of the skewer.
- Grill the skewers until golden brown.
If you liked this, you might like our other chicken recipes: