Sweet-tasting ingredients offer a yummy take and this nutritional powerhouse.
This hearty kale salad is an all-time favorite of mine and is inspired by a salad made at Whole Foods here in New York City. This salad is particularly delicious due to the addition of the roasted sweet potato and pomegranate seeds, I often find myself eating a rather larger portion of it! The more veggies the better, right?
This Hearty Kale Salad is a great source of healthy nutrition as the kale is rich in nutrients like iron, b-vitamins, vitamins A and C, folate and more. Oh and not to mention, kale is also a great source of fiber too. But that’s not all this salad is packing, pomegranate seeds and sweet potato are loaded with nutrients as well. For example, pomegranate seeds are packed with antioxidants and plant-based nutrients like anthocyanin- an anti-inflammatory compound; and sweet potatoes are loaded with beta carotene that’s healthy for hair, nails and skin as well as vitamins A, C, and ellagic acid, which may help prevent tumor growth.
Hearty Kale Salad
- 2 heads kale cut off the stem, washed and dried
- 1/2 sweet potato cubed and roasted
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 carrots roasted
- 1/2 avocado cubed
- 8 ounces chicken grilled (2 breasts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- dash of salt and pepper
- Wash and dry kale and cut off stem, and prepare the sweet potato and pomegranate seeds.
- In a salad bowl combine the kale, sweet potato and pomegranate seeds.
- In a separate bowl mix together the salad dressing and pour over the salad
- Mix the salad dressing into the salad using hands to massage the dressing into the kale- note that kale salad is much more palatable after the kale has been sufficiently massaged.
- Serve the salad and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms