Enjoy the taste of cranberry throughout the season!
Everybody loves cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving, but why enjoy it only for one day in just one dish? Cranberry jam is a perfect way to use these ultra tart ruby red berries throughout the fall season, or even year round. Tangy sweet cranberry jam is perfect on toast, biscuits, or pancakes for a tasty breakfast or snack.
Here are some other cranberry recipes that aren’t cranberry sauce:
- Blueberries and Dried Cranberries with Homemade Pomegranate Syrup
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Chutney
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin and Cranberry Topping
Homemade Cranberry Jam
- 12 ounces cranberries package, frozen
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar substitute honey or maple syrup
- Place all of the ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Stir ingredients to combine and continue to stir every few minutes. Once the cranberries start to soften, after 10- 15 minutes, use a potato masher or fork tongs to mash the cranberries and break them up a bit.
- The pectin in the cranberry peels will help to thicken the jam. Continue to cook over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes until the jam thickens, stirring every so often to prevent burning. The jam will continue to thicken upon standing.
- If you prefer a smoother jam, strain the jam through a fine-mesh sieve pressing on the skins to get all of the jam through the strainer into the jar.
- Cranberry Jam can be stored in jam jars or airtight containers. Jam can be kept for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or in the freezer for 6 months. It is recommended that this jam is stored in the fridge or the freezer.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more tasty and healthy recipes, like us on Facebook, and follow us Pinterest.
Hi, love cranberries and buy few more packages to enjoy them for a little longer. I usually make a compote of them by cooking with apples, peace of ginger and some other spices.
I like your idea og jam but how it could be a 3 gr. of sugar is you use a cup. One teaspoon of sugar already has 4 gr. Sugar is my major concern since I’ a diabetic.
Love your site, so much yummy stuff that I love to make and eat.
Marina, This is one of my favorites https://skinnyms.com/mixed-berry-chia-seed-jam/. 🙂