Delicious superfood jam made with only three ingredients.
This recipe for mixed berry chia jam is super simple, packed with omega-3 fatty acids and so much better for you than the sugar-filled, processed jam you can buy at the store. The best part is that you can use almost any berry you like – a mixture of blueberries, cherries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries works great. This jam tastes so good you’ll be tempted to eat it straight from the container as a snack, but you can also spread it on pancakes and biscuits, use it as a topping for oatmeal and yogurt, or make a delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich — the possibilities are endless!
This recipe was contributed by Brittany Mullins. Brittany is a holistic health coach, certified NASM personal trainer, and has been blogging about healthy living since 2008. She is a lover of all things food, nutrition, and fitness. Through her blog, eatingbirdfood.com, she proves that maintaining a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be a challenge by sharing recipes, fitness activities and tips. On a daily basis she inspires and motivates others by showing that small changes can create long-lasting health and happiness. Brittany can also be found on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Mixed Berry Chia Seed Jam
- 2 cups mixed berries frozen or fresh
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- stevia to taste (optional)
- If using frozen berries, let them thaw.
- Place berries and chia seeds into a blender or food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Taste and add stevia if necessary. I used 2-3 drops of liquid stevia, but I don’t think it would be necessary with super sweet berries. It just depends on how sweet you want your jam.
- Cover the mixture and place in the fridge for about 30-60 minutes to set. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Want to learn more about the benefits of eating chia seeds? Take a look at 3 Reasons to Sing Out for Chia and Superfood Sunday: Chia Seed! You can also check out Top 5 Ultimate Super Foods.
Be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Do you have a favorite chia recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Leave us a message in the comment area below.
Can the Jam be frozen?