You'll have trouble grabbing just one!
Satisfy your sweet tooth the guilt-free way with these Homemade Date Chocolate Truffles! Clean, nutrient-rich ingredients form bite-sized treats that’ll have your taste buds singing.
Superfoods like coconut oil and shredded coconut supply healthy unsaturated fats that promote feelings of fullness. Scrumptious, candy-like dates pack in filling fiber and slow-releasing energy. Cocoa powder delivers powerful antioxidants and gives each truffle a chocolatey kick. These tasty truffles make the ultimate crowd-pleaser dessert!
Homemade Date Chocolate Truffles
- 2 cups medjool dates pitted
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder raw, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil virgin
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Place dates, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt in a blender or food processor and puree. Add water a bit at a time, scraping the sides, and continuing to puree until a paste is formed. If necessary, a touch more water may be added to achieve a paste.
- Wet hands or coat with coconut oil and roll the paste into balls. About 14 or so balls should be formed. Spread remaining cocoa powder on one plate and shredded coconut on another. Roll half of the balls in cocoa and the other half in coconut. Place covered in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What would you like to see on the site? Let us know! We need your feedback.