Just two natural ingredients and you can have a delicious and versatile sauce that can be used to enhance sweet snacks, breakfasts, and desserts. This sauce requires only plums and sugar in its preparation. Since we are eating skinny, we’ll use far less sugar than traditional fruit sauces and jams. Because of its lack of sugar, this sauce does not have a long shelf life. We recommend storing it in the refrigerator for a week in a sterile container. Spread it on your bread, or drizzle it on yogurt, low-fat ice cream, or pancakes!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 cup plum sauce | Calories: 30 | Total Fat: 0 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 0 mg | Carbohydrates: 8 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 0 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 8 ripe plums, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar or turbinado
- Over low - medium heat, cook the plums and sugar together until it starts to boil.
- Simmer on low heat until it thickens.
- Transfer to a sterile jar and refrigerate when it cools down. Store in the refrigerator up to one week.
Here are more natural and delicious sauces to enjoy:
Have you heard of our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection e-cookbook? It’s a treasure of 101 most popular fan recipes that we took note of and compiled in one book. Have a look!
If you are like what you see in SkinnyMs., subscribe to our newsletter and never get left behind to what’s new in healthy living.