We, at SkinnyMs., believe that every kitchen should be stocked with a carton of deliciously creamy and fantastically versatile Greek yogurt. After all, not only is Greek yogurt a Superfood that helps lower cholesterol and protect us against a number of health issues, but it’s so easy to use! Our Tzatziki Yogurt Sauce takes one of our favorite kitchen staples, throws in some spices, and turns it into a savory accompaniment to a number of our cherished dishes.
Tzatziki Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cucumber medium, peeled, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon dill fresh, removed from stem
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more to less to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt fat-free, plain
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- Remove seeds from the center of each cucumber by scooping out with a spoon. Finely dice, peeled and seeded, cucumber and lay pieces on a paper towel to drain, sprinkle with salt.
- After 30 minutes, combine diced cucumbers and the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving to allow flavors time to marry. Pour Tzatziki into a serving dish and enjoy! Garnish with additional diced cucumber and dill.
- Tzatziki tastes great served with meats or as a dip or spread, perfect on baked potatoes.