Add Italian Meatballs to spaghetti, stews, soups or eat all by themselves.
Yields: 24 meatballs | Serving size: 2 meatballs | Calories: 136 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 53 mg |Sodium: 120 mg | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3 |
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey or chicken
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups whole wheat panko, or whole wheat bread crumbs, click here for recipe
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 eggs
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Shape mixture into (24) 1" meatballs.
- When cooking meatballs, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet, turn to medium heat and cook until brown on both sides and cooked through. Note: If adding meatballs to a slow cooker recipe, brown as instructed but do not cook through as they will continue cooking while in the slow cooker.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.