Asian food engages our palates and delights our senses. Exquisite flavors including soy sauce and sesame seeds are characteristic of this cuisine. But we don’t need to rely on Asian restaurants and takeout to get that unique flavor! Choose healthy, quality ingredients with no unnecessary preservatives, and try our take on Asian meatballs using 100% lean beef.
Lean Meatballs with Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce lite or tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 slices wheat bread sides sliced away
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 onion minced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 green onion chopped
- In a small bowl, prepare the teriyaki sauce by putting together the soy sauce, honey, and mirin. Mix well until the honey has completely melted. Set aside. In a second bowl, another small one, soak the bread in milk. When the bread has absorbed the milk, lightly squeeze out the milk and drain.
- In a third bowl, a larger one, mix the beef, egg, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, sesame oil, onions, and the soaked bread. Mix with the hands until the mixture becomes compact.
- Make little balls with the meat. In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, in a saucepan with the olive oil (leave a tablespoon for later use), brown the meatballs. Over medium heat, in another saucepan with the remaining olive oil, transfer the meatballs. Add the teriyaki sauce and cook for about 3 minutes. Season with the remaining pepper.
Food with Asian twist is a big favorite to almost everyone. Check out these other delicious recipes:
Have you heard of our our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection e-cookbook? It’s a treasure of 101 most popular fan recipes that we took note of and compiled in one book. Have a look!