Citrus and tarragon make this potato salad a new favorite!
Potato salad is a classic barbecue side dish, but it isn’t usually a healthy one. This lemon and garlic sweet potato salad is a new spin on the classic dish. We used sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes because they have more fiber, vitamins, and minerals. We also ditched the mayo and used superfood apple cider vinegar, vitamin C-rich lemon juice, and antioxidant-rich garlic instead. Even though this is a skinny potato salad, it’s still a tasty one! The sweetness of the potatoes and the tartness of the lemon juice complement each other. Make it once, and it will immediately become the new family favorite.
Lemon and Garlic Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh is best
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon fresh, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool completely.
- While the potatoes cool, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, dijon, whole grain mustard, honey, and salt in a blender. Blend well, while blending gradually add the olive oil until creamy. Set aside.
- Once cold, dice the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over top and sprinkle with the tarragon. Gently stir.
- Allow to set, refrigerated, for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms