Chicken marsala, Skinny Ms.-style!
Marsala wine, with its tang and sweetness, is a favorite in many Italian recipes. Add a splash of Marsala and lemon to your chicken for a Mediterranean flair that will have your mouth watering. This dish is simple enough to prepare on a weeknight, but impressive enough for guests! Serve with a simple salad or a side of whole wheat pasta for a well-rounded meal.
Lemony Chicken Marsala
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 1/2 cups marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- bunch of parsley fresh, finely chopped
- Coat the chicken with flour. Mix and toss until all the pieces are completely covered then shake off the excess flour.
- On medium heat, in a hot saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, cook the chicken without overcrowding then brown both sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When both sides of the chicken are golden brown, pour the lemon juice then cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the Marsala wine and let the alcohol evaporate on medium-high heat.
- When the sauce is starting to become thick, lower the heat to low-medium.
- Add the capers and most of the parsley, leaving some for garnishing. Adjust the salt.
- Turn off the heat when the sauce has been reduced almost completely.
- Before serving, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle the remaining parsley.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.