Swap carb-laden tortillas with lettuce shells to slash a boatload of calories! Crisp leaves are flavored with a zesty clean-eating taco seasoning and stuffed with wholesome ingredients like lean turkey, tomatoes, and avocado. These Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps burst with savory tastes and textures.
With super simple instructions and minimal prep time, these shells can be made in a matter of minutes. They’re a quick and easy dinner for the whole family. What are you waiting for? Give taco night a healthified makeover with these Lettuce Wrapped Turkey Tacos!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 lettuce leaf taco | Calories: 215 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 866mg | Carbohydrates: 11g | Fiber: 5g | Sugars: 4g | Protein: 16g | SmartPoints: 6 |
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning, homemade or store bought
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt (only if not already in the taco seasoning, like in the homemade version above)
- 1 cup (half-pint) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup salsa, no sugar added
- 12 whole romaine heat lettuce leaves
- Add ground turkey to a skillet. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes until browned. Add 1/3 cup water, taco seasoning, and salt (if not already an ingredient in the seasoning). Allow to cook for 3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Double each lettuce leaf so the top fits into the second and you have 6 doubled leaves altogether. Spoon in meat mixture. Add cherry tomatoes and avocado pieces. Top each with salsa.
- Serve and enjoy!