Sneak vegetable servings into muffins!
Sneak vegetable servings into muffins! Our Make-Ahead Egg & Veggie Muffins are light, fluffy, and pack in loads of nutrient-rich veggies. The gluten-free recipe gets the bulk of its texture from eggs and calls for a spectrum of tasty vegetables like juicy bell peppers and zucchini.
Clean ingredients are folded into muffin cups and topped with a sprinkle of cheese, which adds gooey deliciousness to the eggy delights. These highly-portable muffins make a perfect on-the-go breakfast or protein-packed workout snack. Grab and enjoy!
Make muffins ahead of time by freezing in a gallon ziplock bag or freezer safe container. Be sure muffins are cooled prior to freezing. Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge, pop in 350 degree oven for a few minutes, and enjoy!
Make-Ahead Egg & Veggie Muffins
- 6 eggs large (free-range recommended)
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese reduced-fat, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 12-cup mini muffin tin or 6-cup tin for regular size muffins.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, bell pepper, zucchini, onion, cheese, and salt and pepper, until light and fluffy.
- Pour batter into muffin cups, filling each tin about 3/4 full. Sprinkle an even amount of cheese onto each muffin. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Hungry for more mini treats? Have a recipe to share? Let us know! Leave a comment below about this article or anything else on the site.