Muffins are a great breakfast item to grab-and-go when you’re in a hurry. Yet, unfortunately, most muffins are full of sugar and empty calories. Our Morning Glory Muffin recipe allows you to have the convenience of a morning muffin, while keeping it nutritious enough to be a part of your healthy diet. We’ve used almond, coconut, and whole wheat flours, utilized only natural sweeteners like honey and molasses, and filled it with other wholesome ingredients like fruits, nuts, and carrots.
These muffins freeze well, so you can make a large batch ahead of time and reheat for a quick breakfast. Feel free to play around with the combination of fruit and nuts to make it your own!
Yields: 12 muffins | Serving Size: 1 muffin | Calories: 155 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 120mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, juice squeezed out (as much as possible)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners or lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together almond flour, whole wheat flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, honey, molasses, vanilla, and applesauce. Mix well. Gradually add flour mix to the egg mix. Gently stir just until combined. Fold in remaining ingredients. Scoop into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool almost completely before serving. Store in refrigerator.
You may also like our Banana Nut Muffins!
What are your favorite grab-n-go breakfasts? Share with us in the comments!