The very aroma of these muffins baking in the oven will make your mouth drool!
If you think those browning bananas sitting on your counter belong in the trash, think again! Overripe bananas may flaunt a less-than-appetizing appearance, but they’re your ticket to mouthwateringly-moist baked goods like banana nut muffins.
Our recipe yields light, scrumptious banana muffins that melt in your mouth. Made with clean ingredients like unrefined coconut sugar, cinnamon, and coconut oil, these decadent delights make a healthy grab-and-go breakfast or guilt-free dessert.
White whole wheat flour serves as a healthier alternative to ultra-refined white flour and gives these treats a low-glycemic index. Chopped walnuts add a delicate crunch and pair beautifully with the sweetness from the banana. The very aroma of these muffins baking in the oven will make your mouth drool!
Banana Nut Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour we used white whole-wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 egg large, beaten
- 3 bananas very overripe, peeled and mashed with a fork
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted, if solid
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with cupcake papers.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, bananas, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add dry ingredient mixture and walnuts, stir just until combined. Divide batter among 12-cup muffin tin.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Hungry for more delicious recipes? Have some healthy lifestyle tips to share with the SkinnyMs. community? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below.