Embrace summer fruit with this sweet, tangy salad!
Eat your fruits and veggies and get a dose of protein with this refreshing summer salad! Nectarines and peaches are in fine form this time of year, and arugula counters their sweetness with a peppery bite. Round out the flavors with goat cheese for a satisfying side salad that will please the crowd at your next backyard BBQ. And with a low-calorie and low-fat dressing, this clean eating salad is guilt-free!
Nectarine Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese
For the Salad
- 3 nectarines substitute peaches, or white peaches (or a mix), pitted and cut into wedges
- 4 ounces baby arugula bag or spring greens, pre-rinsed
- 4 ounces goat cheese herbed, lavender, or plain
- 1/4 red onion slices
- 1 tomato ripe, cut into wedges (optional)
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar or champagne vinegar (regular balsamic can be used as an alternative)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon table or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon Maldon sea salt flakes
- In the bottom of a large salad bowl add the vinegar, salt, sweetener, and mustard. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking all the while.
- After the dressing is mixed, toss in the arugula or spring mix, fruit, onions, and tomatoes (if using).
- Sprinkle in the Maldon salt flakes at the end (if using), and toss again.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms