Eat your fruits and veggies and get a dose of protein with this refreshing summer salad! Nectarines and peaches are in fine form this time of year, and arugula counters their sweetness with a peppery bite. Round out the flavors with goat cheese for a satisfying side salad that will please the crowd at your next backyard BBQ. And with a low-calorie and low-fat dressing, this clean eating salad is guilt-free!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 179 | Total Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 15 mg | Sodium: 224 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 9 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 3 Nectarines, Peaches, or White Peaches (or a mix), pitted and cut into wedges
- 1 (4 ounce) bag baby arugula or spring greens, pre-rinsed
- 4 ounces goat cheese, herbed, lavender, or plain
- 1/4 cup red onion slices
- 1 fresh, ripe tomato (optional), cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar or champagne vinegar (regular balsamic can be used as an alternative)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon table or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Maldon Sea Salt flakes
- In the bottom of a large salad bowl add the vinegar, salt, sweetener, and mustard. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking all the while.
- After dressing is mixed, toss in the arugula or spring mix, fruit, onions, and tomatoes (if using).
- Sprinkle in the Maldon salt flakes at the end (if using), and toss again.