Candy bars are definitely on the no-no list when it comes to healthy eating. Thankfully, you don’t have to give them up completely while sticking to your nutrition plan! Our No-Bake Almond Joy Bars use healthy, clean ingredients to create a sweet treat, so they taste just as good as the real deal. They’re sweetened only with maple syrup and honey, and use almonds, unsweetened coconut, and dark chocolate to recreate the flavors and textures of the classic candy bar. Best of all, there’s no baking involved! Just layer the ingredients in a pan and let refrigerate! It’s that easy!
These SkinnyMs. versions of Almond Joy bars are perfect for when you’re having a sweet craving but really don’t want to deviate from your healthy eating. They are good enough to share, but we won’t judge if you keep them all to yourself!
Watch this video to see how to make No-Bake Almond Joy Bars (recipe below).
Yields: 16 servings | Serving Size: 1 bar | Calories: 286 | Total Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 5mg | Carbohydrates: 19g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- In a food processor, finely grind the nuts. A few large pieces are ok, but be careful not to over process the nuts. Add the coconut oil and honey. Pulse in the processor until just combined. Transfer mix into prepared pan and press into an even layer.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Spread coconut mixture over the crust. Make sure the filling is as smooth as possible. Place in refrigerator while the topping is being prepared.
- Melt the chocolate, stirring often. Once melted, whisk in the coconut oil. Remove crust and filling layers from the refrigerator and pour chocolate over the top of the filling, spreading evenly over the top. Sprinkle coconut and almonds over the top. Refrigerate until chocolate has hardened. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
You might like to check out our 13 Skinny No-Bake Desserts for more no-bake dessert ideas!
What candy bars or sweet treats would you like to see skinny versions of? Let us know in the comments!