Sometimes, you come across a recipe that meets a trifecta of requirements: no baking, clean eating, and tastes like dessert. These No-Bake Almond Joy cookies are an essential healthy cookie recipe for every clean eater to have in their arsenal. Since we can’t deprive ourselves of sweet treats for a lifetime, and we’ve committed to a lifetime of clean eating, we need to arm ourselves with healthy, nutritious recipes that are easy enough to keep us away fro storebought treats, and delicious enough to fulfill our cravings when they come on.
These cookies contain only five ingredients and require no baking, so there’s no reason not to whip up a batch! Dates are a perfect addition to any healthy cookie recipe, as they are sweet and chewy, but are highly nutritious as well. Dates contain high amounts of fiber, potassium, and copper, and aid in digestive health, as well as containing anti-inflammatory properties. Their sweet flavor pairs well with nuts and chocolate, both of which you’ll find in these delicious cookie. We combine crushed almonds and almond meal for a crunchy texture and that distinctive almond flavor, as well as a dose of lean protein. Add coconut and chocolate chips for that true almond joy taste!
Simply pulsing the ingredients and shaping them into cookies will leave you with a batch of treats you can have at home in case a craving hits, or take with you on the go, in case the vending machines at work become too tempting. This cookie is as versatile as it is simple and healthy!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cookie | Calories: 197 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 2 mg | Carbohydrates: 29 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 24 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 10 dates
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup grated coconut (unsweetened coconut was used in this recipe)
- 1/4 cup minced almonds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup water
- In a food processor, add the dates then pulse until they form a ball. Add the almond meal and coconut then pulse until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl then add the crushed almonds and chocolate chips. Add the water gradually until the mixture holds together to form a cookie dough consistency. You may not need all the water. Shape into 8 cookies and place in a container lined with parchment paper. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and minced almonds, if desired.
Reader feedback is important to us. Leave us a comment below and tell us what you think of this article and what you’d like to see from us in the future.