Looking for a healthy side dish or low fat recipe that is sure to please? These Crisp Rosemary (not-fried) Fries with Low-Fat Aioli taste great as a side to grilled fish or chicken, and can be served with the aioli or without. Why not put that garden rosemary to good use and create a healthy snack idea that the whole family will love? Our rosemary fries recipe not only pleases the taste buds, but it’s made with 100% whole food ingredients. The wedges are large, so a serving is around 4 pieces, or the size of 1 potato.
For more healthy snack ideas, try our SkinnyMs. Snack Round-Up!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving size: 1 potato| Calories: 417 | Total Fat: 28.5 gm | Saturated Fats: 4.3 gm | Trans Fats: 0.0 gm | Cholesterol: 7 mg | Sodium: 252 mg | Carbohydrates: 39.6 gm | Dietary fiber: 6.2 gm | Sugars: 3.7 gm | Protein: 4.1 gm| SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12
- 3 lbs Idaho potatoes
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary
- ½ cup olive oil (not extra virgin) or canola oil
- Salt, to taste
- Aioli Ingredients
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the fries:
- Put a large pot of whole, unpeeled (but cleaned) potatoes in cold water over high heat, and allow to boil until almost tender when pierce with a fork. Drain the potatoes, pat dry with a kitchen towel, and cut into quarters, so that you have large wedge-style fries.
- Grill Method: In a small bowl, mix the finely chopped rosemary and salt into the oil. Using the grill brush, coat both sides of the wedge with oil (not the peel side). Grill over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Oven Method: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, mix the finely chopped rosemary and salt into the oil. Using a basting brush, coat both sides of the wedge with oil (not the peel side). Place potato wedges on a nonstick (ungreased) baking sheet. Bake until wedges are golden and crisp on the outside, approximately 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the aioli:
- Whisk all of the remaining ingredients together to incorporate, slowly drizzling in the olive oil last, while stirring.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Have you tried our Crisp Rosemary Fries with Low-Fat Aioli? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.