A drool-worthy, one-pan meal that the whole family will love!
There’s no denying how delicious southern BBQ tastes. Sticky, mouthwatering meat and finger-lickin’ flavors are simply irresistible. Problem is, most BBQ dishes have a super high fat and sugar content, translating to a boatload of calories. This can make it hard to stay on track with your health goals. Luckily, we’ve brought you a leaner, healthier version with our One Pan BBQ Meatballs and Roasted Potatoes. With this delectable recipe, you can enjoy your favorite cuisine without wrecking your diet!
Our Love For One-Pan Meals is Undeniable
This genius recipe merges the magic of meatballs and BBQ together in a one-pan recipe for the books. We adore one-pan dinners, thanks to their simplicity. Not to mention, these recipes usually have straightforward instructions with minimal cleanup afterwards. Who doesn’t love that? This meatball and BBQ recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. Plus, with its impressive nutrition and flavor profile, our scrumptious one-pan meal certainly beats takeout.
A Cast of Clean-Eating Ingredients
Our clean-eating comfort food dish calls for just a handful of simple ingredients you can feel good about, and takes only 15 minutes to prepare.
First, lean ground beef serves as the backbone of this BBQ meatball dish. However, any lean ground meat will do! For example, ground turkey would taste amazing as well, if you’d rather take the poultry route.
Next, our recipe calls for BBQ sauce of your choice. We know you have countless brand options to choose from, some healthier than others. Check out the nutrition facts beforehand, and try to avoid sauces with a heavy sugar content.
If you have a little extra time on your hands, our Skinny Ms. Barbecue Sauce is 100% clean and 100% delicious. A cinch to make, this fabulous tasting sauce will dress up any BBQ dish and leave you feeling great!
This recipe also spotlights red potatoes. Red potatoes make a satisfying, nutritious starch with an irresistible buttery flavor and texture. Jam-packed with Vitamin and potassium, these vegetables can help repair body tissue and boost immunity.
And finally, we’ve lightened up the dish by using low-fat Colby jack cheese instead of full fat cheese.
The Cooking Process for Our BBQ Meatballs
This recipe is super easy to follow, and actually fun! After whipping the meatballs up, you’ll divide your baking dish into two sections, and place meatballs on one half. Afterwards, you’ll prep your potatoes and place them on the other half, sprinkling cheese on top. Finally, you’ll pop your creation in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, and drizzle remaining BBQ sauce over the meatballs. There you go- your hearty and delicious one-pan meal is ready to serve!
Although meatballs often team up with spaghetti, they might arguably pair even better with potatoes. We also have to admit, the chewy, flavorful meatballs against the rich, buttery red potatoes form a drool-worthy duo.
Protein-Packed, Crave-Worthy Comfort Food
This satisfying one-pan meal packs a protein punch, clocking in at 30 grams per serving. That said, it’ll definitely hit the spot and keep you full for hours on end. If you end up with leftovers, pop them in the freezer or enjoy them for lunch the next day! All and all, this recipe makes a speedy, yet savory dinner the whole family will devour.
With one pan and just a few ingredients, you’ll have this dish on the dinner table in no time! Not only will this crave-worthy recipe save you on busy nights, it also wont create a huge mess. That’s a win-win in our book!
One Pan BBQ Meatballs and Roasted Potatoes
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef or other lean ground meat
- 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs seasoned or unseasoned - gluten free crumbs can be substituted
- 1 pound red potatoes washed and cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup low fat colby jack cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degress. Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with not stick spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce, and the bread crumbs. Mix well until ingredients are very well combined, don't be afraid to get your hands in there in needed! Roll the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls and place in half of the prepared casserole dish. You should have 12 meatballs.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl combine the potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well to coat the potatoes in the oil and place in the second half of the casserole dish. Top with the colby jack cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and the meatballs are cooked through. Remove from oven and drizzle the remaining BBQ over the meatballs (and even the potatoes if you'd like)! Let cool slightly before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Hungry for more one-pan meals? Give these a try!
- One-Pan Honey Roasted Chicken and Carrots
- One-Pan Pork Chop & Veggie Dinner
- One Pot Zucchini and Mushroom Spaghetti
- One Pot “Stuffed” Cabbage Stew
- One-Pot Mexican Style Quinoa