This stew is perfect for chilly nights when you don't have a lot of cook time.
Enjoy all the traditional flavors of stuffed cabbage with our One Pot “Stuffed” Cabbage Stew! Cabbage, ground turkey, and vegetables are swimming in a flavorful tomato broth with brown rice and herbs in this hearty stew. The best part is that it’s all prepared in one pot for a no-muss, no-fuss meal. Plus, the health benefits of added vitamins, fiber, and nutrients in this cabbage stew are out of this world!
This stew is perfect for chilly nights when you don’t have a lot of cook time and don’t want a huge mess in the kitchen. Serve it with a nice slice of crusty wheat bread for a filling meal.
One Pot "Stuffed" Cabbage Stew
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion small size, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup carrots peeled and diced small
- 2 cups beef broth low-sodium
- 2 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes can, no sugar added
- 1/4 cup tomato paste no sugar added
- 1/2 cup brown rice uncooked and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups green cabbage chopped large
- In a large soup pot, cook ground turkey over medium heat breaking up into medium-sized chunks. When the meat is about halfway cooked, add onion, garlic, and carrot. Continue to cook until meat is cooked through and onions are soft.
- Add remaining ingredients to the meat mixture, except the cabbage. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, then reduce to a simmer. Add the cabbage and continue to simmer for 30 minutes until cabbage is wilted. Ladle into bowls, serve, and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Crazy about cabbage? Here are some other recipes to try:
What are your favorite cabbage recipes? Share with us in the comments section!