If you think there’s not enough hours in the day, we’re with you. That’s why we love one-pot recipes. Busy women everywhere appreciate a one-pot recipe, since it means no extra mess, no extra steps, and no complicated stove top tools. Well, our One-Pot Caprese Pasta recipe is no exception! The recipe uses simple, fresh seasonings, so the few but flavorful ingredients take center stage. Plus, you can make it in less than 20 minutes!
This flavorful and filling caprese pasta goes great with our Simple Crockpot Italian Chicken or Slow Cooker Balsamic-Glazed Chicken Breast. However, this dish can also stand on its own! If you like, just add a few additional veggies for an even more complete meal.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 392 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 571mg | Carbohydrates: 57g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 18g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 pound whole grain spaghetti
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups fresh basil, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces skim shredded mozzarella
- Put water, spaghetti, tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes into a pot. Bring to a boil and then cook over medium for 11 to 13 minutes until pasta is cooked and water is reduced. Top with mozzarella, balsamic vinegar and reserved basil and let the cheese melt. Serve!
While you’re at it, try these other similar recipes:
What other one-pot recipes would you like to see on SkinnyMs.? If you’re a one-pot fan, let us know in the comments section below.