Substitute turkey in this mouth-watering burger!
Burgers are not known as health food, but this open faced turkey burger recipe is just that. Made with low-fat ground turkey, quick sautéed mushrooms and herbs, it’s a filling meal when served over a bed of spinach and topped with juicy tomatoes. If you’re looking for an easy low-carb meal that is just as satisfying as your favorite burger, look no further!
Open Face Grilled Turkey Burgers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tomato medium, sliced into 6 rounds
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the green onions and mushrooms and cook until soft and brown, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 additional minute. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the turkey in a large bowl and add the mushroom mixture, salt and pepper. Mix until well and form into 6 patties.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray and grill the burgers until cooked through, 6-8 minutes per side.
- Top the spinach with burgers, add tomato slices and serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.