It’s morning. Your alarm went off in the middle of a deep sleep, and you just can’t help it. You’re grumpy. You don’t want to be grumpy. You want to be bright eyed and bushy tailed, just like that annoyingly happy girl in the next cubicle. How does she do it? Is it the gourmet, clean eating, wholesome breakfasts she’s alway boasting about? You’ve decided, perhaps somewhat reluctantly, to pay a bit more attention to the theory that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. But now what? The SkinnyMs. Easy Egg and Spinach Dish, that’s what!
Seriously, ladies, it couldn’t get any easier and it couldn’t get any tastier. And yes, that’s right, it honestly couldn’t get much healthier either. All you need are some eggs (go protein!), some spinach (hello, iron!), a little salt and pepper, crumbled feta, and low-fat plain Greek yogurt (um, did we already say protein?).
This fabulous recipe is anything but boring and it will get your grump in gear, we promise. Not only will you be energized by this protein-packed powerhouse easy egg and spinach dish, you’ll feel uber special because of your superhero-like culinary achievements. Even if the annoying girl in the next cubicle doesn’t know why, she’ll know that your extra spunk and confidence is starting to annoy her. Need we say more? Try this easy, healthy breakfast recipe tomorrow morning.
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 134 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Sodium: 397mg | Cholesterol: 197 mg | Protein: 11g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4 |
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch spinach, cleaned and rough ends of stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- Add olive oil to a sauté pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add the spinach, garlic, and half the salt and pepper.
- Sauté spinach for two minutes, until fully wilted, and make four egg-sized spaces in the spinach to crack eggs into.
- Add the eggs to each space and sprinkle them with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Cook for two to three minutes until the egg whites are solid, but the yolks are still soft and gooey.
- Meanwhile, blend the feta and yogurt in the blender.
- Serve eggs and spinach with the creamed feta sauce.
Stay informed about new recipes, workouts, and other healthy lifestyle topics by subscribing to our newsletter. Join our fun and thriving community on our Facebook page and check out our Pinterest, too!
Have some feedback for us? Let us know what you think of this post in the comments section below. Don’t forget to let us know what you’d like to read about in the future!