Seafood and veggies make for a Mediterranean delight!
A hearty fish needs a hearty vegetable dressing! This recipe forgoes cream and dishes up healthy, Mediterranean vegetables. Heavy cream isn’t necessary to make a pasta dish scrumptious, when you have flavorful, fresh tomatoes and zucchini for a Mediterranean treat!
Pasta with White Fish, Tomatoes, and Zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 zucchini sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 12 ounces white fish firm (halibut, swordfish, or mahi-mahi)
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup white wine or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- parsley fresh, finely chopped - for garnish
- 12 ounces whole-grain pasta such as linguine, spaghetti, or penne
- Over high heat, boil a pot of water for the pasta. While waiting for the water to boil, start cooking the sauce. Over medium-low heat, in a large saucepan add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, sautè the garlic until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini in the saucepan and cook until they are toasted. Transfer them to a plate and set aside. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and pan sear the fish until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Going back to the water for the pasta, when the water boils, add 1 teaspoon salt then add the pasta. Cook pasta to al dente or follow the number of minutes suggested on the package minus one minute.
- In the saucepan with fish, add the tomatoes then toss for about five minutes. Add back the zucchini. Pour in the white wine and wait for the sauce to thicken slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the saucepan with the fish. Mix well for one minute.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil. Serve while hot.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Enjoy more of our healthy fish dishes:
Wild Caught Cod with Moroccan Couscous
4 Ways that Wild-Caught Salmon is Wonderful for Your Health
Grilled Halibut with Corn Coconut Curry Sauce and Grilled Cherry Tomato Chutney by Bobby Flay
If you like our healthy and creative recipes, don’t miss out on the great new recipes that we frequently come out with at Skinny Ms. Subscribe to our newsletter.
Follow us in Facebook and Pinterest for our delicious recipes, clean eating tips and healthy lifestyle resources.
I never think to pair my fish with pasta – what an awesome quick recipe! Love a recipe that has all things summer -zucchini and tomatoes! I can't get enough recipes to help me use up the bounty I have here! Thanks for sharing!