Whip up Pad Thai at home!
Pad Thai is a popular Asian dish that is both comforting and delicious, but not always easy to make at home. But restaurant versions are not always healthy, which is why we’ve put a twist on the traditional dish, with kale! If you can shred some veggies and whip up the delicious peanut flavored sauce to go with it, you can enjoy a kale salad dish that’s as satisfying as anything you’ll get from your favorite takeout place. Substitute almond butter for the peanut butter for a slightly different, yet equally delicious flavor.
Pad Thai Kale Salad
- 1 kale bunch chopped
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion small, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 1/4 cup peanut butter natural
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce lite, optional tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- Combine the kale, cabbage, peppers, onions, and peanuts in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Toss with the vegetables, and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter.