Top your steak with citrus and avocado!
Coconut aminos and lime juice lend a bright flavor to this marinated grilled steak. The topping has just the right balance of citrusy orange and buttery avocado for a dinner that’s as flavorful as it is colorful. If you’re not following a Paleo Diet, substitute low-sodium soy sauce for the coconut aminos, if desired. Try this Paleo Steak with Orange Avocado Topping, today!
Paleo Steak with Orange Avocado Topping
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice fresh, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 3 oranges peeled and chopped
- 2 avocados ripe, pitted and chopped
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley fresh, chopped
- Place flank steak in a large zip-lock plastic freezer bag.
- Combine oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, coconut aminos, and garlic in a small bowl. Pour over steak; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat grill or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove steak from bag, and discard marinade. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until the desired degree of doneness.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Meanwhile, combine oranges, avocadoes, shallot, parsley, and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Serve orange-avocado topping over steak.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms