Coconut aminos and lime juice lend a bright flavor to this marinated grilled steak. The topping has just the right balance of citrusy orange and buttery avocado for a dinner that’s as flavorful as it is colorful. If you’re not following a Paleo Diet, substitute low-sodium soy sauce for the coconut aminos, if desired.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 4 ounces steak and 1/8 of topping | Calories: 332 | Total Fat: 21 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 74 mg | Sodium: 251 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 26 g | SmartPoints: 10
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oranges, peeled and chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place flank steak in a large zip-lock plastic freezer bag.
- Combine oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, coconut aminos, and garlic in a small bowl.Pour over steak; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat grill or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove steak from bag, and discard marinade. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Meanwhile, combine oranges, avocadoes, shallot, parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Serve orange-avocado topping over steak.