Indulge in skinny pancakes for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Pancakes allow us to use our creativity, topping them with whatever makes us happy and keeps us healthy. What a way to start the morning! To enjoy pancakes with strawberries and cream without the guilt, we stripped this recipe of fatty ingredients and replaced them with healthier fare. Enjoy your breakfast and let go of the guilt. Skinny pancakes are yours to savor.
Pancakes with Strawberry Compote
- 1 cup flour we used white whole-wheat
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup milk low-fat
- 1 egg large
- 2 cups strawberries fresh, sliced - optional frozen and thawed strawberries
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese low-fat, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- mint leaves fresh, for garnish (optional)
- Over medium heat, in a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of the strawberries, and 1 tablespoon coconut sugar. Cook just until the sugar dissolves and strawberries are heated through. Allow compote to cool while preparing batter.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, 1 tablespoon sugar, and vanilla. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, salt, milk, and egg until smooth. Over medium-low heat, in a small saucepan, lightly oil a griddle or skillet.
- Ladle the batter onto a griddle or skillet and cook both sides of the pancakes until golden.
- Serve the pancakes with the ricotta mixture and strawberry compote on top. Garnish with mint if using.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you liked these pancakes, then you will definitely love our other breakfasts at Skinny Ms.
Sweet Potato Chia Seed Pancakes
Buckwheat Pancakes with Berry Sauce
Whole-Grain Banana Blueberry Pancakes
Oatmeal Blueberry Protein Pancakes
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on Skinny Ms.
Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.