When you hear the word “crusted”, you may think of a deep fried dish with white carbs, but that’s not the case with this Parmesan crusted tilapia recipe. Whole wheat bread crumbs get the right seasoning from savory cheese, and the fish is baked, which yields the crispy crust you love. Serve this with a side of green vegetables for a healthy, low-calorie meal, or try it with marinara and a little shredded low-fat mozzarella. Either way, it’s sure to be a big hit!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 tilapia filet|Calories: 255| Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 72 mg | Sodium: 728 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 34 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 2 slices whole wheat-bread, processed in a food processor (or just use 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tilapia filets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Coat the fish with the breadcrumbs and lay on a baking sheet. Bake until fish is browned and cooked through, 7-10 minutes.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.