If you enjoyed Zagnut bars as a kid, chances are you’ll love these Peanut Butter and Coconut Crunchies! A childhood favorite recreated, these tasty treats feature creamy peanut butter and toasted coconut flavors. This recipe’s ingredients list sets it apart from the popular store-bought indulgence.
With 100% clean ingredients like rolled oats, coconut, peanut butter, and raw honey, these bite-sized delights pack a protein punch. Complex carbs deliver slow-releasing energy to keep you concentrated and energized for hours!
As a bonus, these sweet-tooth satisfiers are easy (and fun!) to whip up. Simply combine ingredients, shape dough into balls, and refrigerate for about an hour. Nutrient-rich and savory, these crunchies will save you when you’re craving something sweet after a meal or need a quick, energy-boosting snack!
Yields: 20 servings | Calories: 163 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 33mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 1 1/2 cups old-fasioned oats, gluten-free
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (natural extra-crunchy) peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup finely grated coconut, (plus more for rolling, about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup honey, raw recommended
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, add oats and toast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Use your hands and mix all ingredients together.
- Shape dough into 20 1-inch balls.
- If needed, add a few drops of water until crunchies hold together when made into balls.
- Spread additional coconut on a plate or parchment pepper.
- Roll dough into 20 balls then roll each ball in the coconut.
- Place covered balls in the fridge until set, approximately 1 hour.
- Optional: 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
You might also like these other delicious Energy Recipes.
We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment in the section below about this recipe or anything else you’d like to see on the site.