A new, low-carb take on an American classic.
Our new, Philly cheesesteak omelette recipe pulls all of the traditional Philadelphia flavors together into a healthy breakfast option. Whether you need a way to use up some leftover steak, or want to prepare a special brunch for your loved ones, this omelette is sure to impress! And while this meal is low in carbs, it’s high in protein and healthy fats that will keep you and your guests full and satisfied for hours!
A breakfast omelet cooked with two eggs and some vegetables is a good and quick weight-loss breakfast. We can’t conceive of a better omelet because it has all of the fantastic elements found in a Philly cheesesteak sandwich, as well as incredible edible eggs. This delectable Philly Cheesesteak omelette is savory, creamy, and the perfect all-around breakfast fare without too much guilt. It keeps you full for a long time and energizes you for a busy morning, afternoon, or evening.
A Taste of Philly
The original Philly Cheesesteak’s unique blend of taste, texture, and juicy flavor is one of its highlights. If diners are not instructed to stoop over their sandwiches to prevent dripping down their arms, they are most likely eating a cheesesteak rather than an authentic Philly Cheesesteak.
Philly cheesesteaks are one of Philadelphia’s most famous dishes. Traditionally, these big subs (or hoagies– if you’re from Philly like me) are made with thinly sliced steak, provolone cheese, and a sauteed onion and green bell pepper mix. We’ve folded all of those classic ingredients into a delicious omelette to offer the same great flavor, just for breakfast!
Stay Energized with a Big Breakfast
You may have heard that it’s important to eat breakfast every day, and as a dietitian, I agree! Not eating in the morning can cause low energy, agitation, and even massive cravings that lead to overeating later on. Instead of skipping breakfast to save calories, try to eat small and nutritious meals and snacks consistently throughout the day, including breakfast! This low-carb, nutrient-dense omelette is a great choice for a high-energy breakfast that can help you avoid extreme hunger later on.
Fill Up on this Philly Classic
You can whip this savory omelette up in just 20 minutes! Start by heating a medium pan or skillet over medium heat. Add a little bit of olive oil and once hot, toss in your sliced onion and green bell pepper. Saute the veggies for about 5 minutes or until soft, then add cooked steak for just minute to warm it up. Remove the steak and veggies from the pan.
Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and then, pour a quarter of the scrambled eggs into the skillet, letting it cover the whole pan. Add some steak and veggies to one half of the omelette and top with a slice of provolone. Fold one half of the egg round on top of the steak, veggies, and cheese, before flipping it over. Let it cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, then remove from the pan. Repeat these steps using the rest of the egg mix to make 4 omelettes total. Top each omelette off with some salt, pepper, and diced tomato, and enjoy!
Philly Cheesesteak Omelette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 pound sirloin steak cooked, sliced thinly
- 8 eggs
- 4 provolone cheese slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tomato diced
- Start by heating a medium pan or skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, then once hot, toss in your onion and green bell pepper.
- Saute for about 5 minutes or until soft, then add cooked steak for just minute to warm. Remove from the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Then, pour 1/4 of the eggs into the skillet and let it cover the whole pan.
- Add some steak and veggies to one half of the omelette and top with a slice of provolone.
- Fold half of the egg on top of the cheese, steak, and veggies, then flip. Let cook for 1-2 minutes, then remove.
- Repeat with the rest of the egg mix to make 4 omelettes.
- Top with salt, pepper, and diced tomato.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Liked this Philly cheesesteak omelette? Check out some of these other filling breakfast ideas, below!
- Tex-Mex Breakfast Hash
- Southwestern Protein Breakfast Burrito
- Overnight Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Baked Vegetable Omelet
- Stuffed Philly Chicken Peppers
- Portobello Mushroom Philly Cheesesteak
To stay up to date on all of our latest and greatest recipes, healthy eating tips, daily workout routines, and more, be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest and Instagram! You can also subscribe to our daily eNewsletter to get articles delivered straight to your inbox.