Breakfast burritos are the ultimate satiating breakfast. They’re easily grabbed on the go and stuffed with nutritious ingredients that you keep you full all morning. This burrito, filled with black beans, eggs, cheese, spinach, is topped with salsa. It beats plain eggs any day!
These burritos are vegetarian, but if you want to make them vegan, omit the cheese or use a soy cheese, and use a vegan egg replacement as a substitute for the eggs. Guacamole can be added in place of the yogurt.
Check out these other ideas for breakfast or brunch.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 burrito | Calories: 176 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 56 mg | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Sodium: 455 mg | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 12 g | SmartPoints: 5
- 6 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, optional
- 1/2 cup salsa (recipe), optional Pico de Gallo
- 6 tablespoons Greek yogurt, fat-free
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 6 (8" whole wheat) wraps or tortillas
- To warm tortillas, preheat oven to 300 degrees. Stack tortillas, wrap in foil, place on a cookie sheet and warm 15 minutes while preparing ingredients.
- In a bowl, whip eggs with a fork.. Add to a non-stick skillet, over medium-low heat, and stir frequently until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, coarsley chop the spinach.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add black beans and spinach. Heat until spinach is wilted, approximately 3 minutes.
- Evenly distribute eggs, spinach and bean mixture in the middle of the wraps (leaving about 2" on one end for folding), evenly add cheese (optional), salsa and Greek yogurt evenly over the flling. Fold wraps over and under on the ends.
Need more breakfast ideas? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.