Spice up your breakfast with a healthy burrito!
Breakfast burritos are the ultimate satiating breakfast. They’re easily grabbed on the go and stuffed with nutritious ingredients that you keep you full all morning. This burrito, filled with black beans, eggs, cheese, spinach, is topped with salsa. It beats plain eggs any day!
These burritos are vegetarian, but if you want to make them vegan, omit the cheese or use a soy cheese, and use a vegan egg replacement as a substitute for the eggs. Guacamole can be added in place of the yogurt.
Check out these other ideas for breakfast or brunch.
Southwestern Protein Breakfast Burrito
- 6 cups baby spinach loosely packed
- 15 ounces black beans can, rinsed and drained
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup feta cheese optional
- 1/2 cup salsa recipe, optional Pico de Gallo
- 6 tablespoons Greek yogurt fat-free
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 6 whole-wheat wraps or tortillas; 8 inch
- To warm tortillas, preheat oven to 300 degrees. Stack tortillas, wrap in foil, place on a cookie sheet, and warm 15 minutes while preparing ingredients.
- In a bowl, whip eggs with a fork. Add to a non-stick skillet, over medium-low heat, and stir frequently until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the spinach.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add black beans and spinach. Heat until spinach is wilted, approximately 3 minutes.
- Evenly distribute eggs, spinach, and bean mixture in the middle of the wraps (leaving about 2" on one end for folding), evenly add cheese (optional), salsa, and Greek yogurt evenly over the fliling. Fold wraps over and under on the ends.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Need more breakfast ideas? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.