Add antioxidants to your body with this delicious tea.
This luscious pomegranate orange spice tea is sure to soothe the soul. It is an excellent addition to your winter beverage selection and includes a variety of healthy ingredients your body will love. Chase away the winter blues with this tasty warm blend that is a great alternative to coffee.
Healthy tea recipes are often overlooked in favor of a quick run through the nearby coffee drive-thru. Starting your morning off with a warm beverage is a delight during the winter months, but it can get expensive. Add to that the daily dose of caffeine, and you might be replacing the cold weather doldrums with the jitters. This beverage offers all the warmth of a traditional cup of coffee, but it leaves you feeling calm and at ease, instead of amping up your anxiety.
Tea has many health benefits and when you add pomegranate and oranges, the health benefits are boosted even more. These fruits are rich in antioxidants and help you meet your daily fruit and vegetable requirements without adding a lot of calories. Best of all, they taste delicious, especially when paired together. This warm, spicy beverage will be a family favorite you’ll be looking forward to all season long.
Pomegranate Orange Spice Tea
- 1 cup water
- 2 green tea bags
- 2 cups 100% pomegranate juice no sugar added
- 1 cup 100% pure orange juice
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- fresh ginger 1/2 inch slice
- In a small saucepan heat water to steaming, remove from heat and add tea bags. Allow tea bags to steep for 8 minutes. Add tea along with all other ingredients to a large sauce pan, stir to combine. Bring to a low boil on med-high heat, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and heat for approximately 30 minutes, ensuring ample time to meld flavors.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick, cloves and ginger. Using a ladle serve into your favorite tea cups.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.