This protein-rich salad will leave you feeling energized throughout the day.
This protein-packed salad recipe makes a delicious lunch or satisfying side dish! Complete with nutty and delicious quinoa, the dish provides loads of tastes and textures and delivers countless health benefits.
Diced avocado adds rich, buttery flavor to the veggie dish. Hard-boiled eggs and quinoa offer a protein punch guaranteed to keep you full and focused for hours. Cherry tomatoes spruce up your salad with flavorful juiciness.
Superfoods olive oil, lemon, and Dijon mustard combine to form a terrifically tangy dressing. Our vegetarian Protein Cobb Salad with Quinoa bursts with ultra-nutritious vitamin-packed colors and flavors.
Protein Cobb Salad with Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa any variety, uncooked
- 2 eggs hardboiled, peeled and halved
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups baby lettuce (any variety) or romaine hearts, loosely packed
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled, and diced
- Cook quinoa by adding it to a pot with 1-1/4 cups water and a sprinkle of salt. Cook on high, uncovered, until brought to a boil. Stir once and then cover, reducing heat to the lowest setting. Allow to cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Uncover and fluff with fork. Quinoa may top salad warm or cool, depending on preference.
- To hard-boil the eggs, place in a small pot and cover with one inch of cold water. Bring just to a boil over medium heat. Cover and remove from the heat. Let sit for 10 minutes. Place in a strainer under cool running tap water to cool. Peel and cut in half.
- Whisk together the juice of one lemon and dijon mustard. Pour olive oil in a slow and steady stream, whisking all the while until incorporated. Whisk in salt and pepper.
- Toss together lettuce and cherry tomatoes.
- Top first with the cooked quinoa, then eggs, then avocado.
- Serve the dressing on the side.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What salads would you like to see on Skinny Ms.? Let us know! We’d love to hear about your favorite clean ingredients.