This awesome quinoa & broccoli salad combines one of the world’s healthiest grains with tasty veggies, all dressed in a mouthwatering vinaigrette. Quinoa makes an incredible addition to countless meals, salad being no exception! It tastes delicious while packing in a bunch of awesome nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E, and potassium. In this killer recipe, quinoa’s nutty texture pairs perfectly with fresh veggies like tender broccoli florets, sliced radishes, and juicy corn kernels.
Almond slices add a delicate crunch to this colorful carnival of flavors and textures. Baked veggies blend beautifully with raw ingredients, forming a warm and cold combination your taste buds will adore! With enough protein and fiber to keep you full for hours, this salad makes a yummy meal by itself. It also serves as a lovely side dish to any main course!
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 262 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 237mg | Carbohydrates: 34g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 10g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1 cup quinoa (any variety, we used red), well-rinsed
- 1 head (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds) broccoli, cut into florets, tough bottom stem discarded
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh, frozen, or canned
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, from about half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce or whole baby lettuce of choice, such as baby kale or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook the quinoa according the package directions. Allow to cool slightly.
- Toss the broccoli and corn with a tablespoon of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, until tender and lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a serving bowl, whisk the remaining olive oil with the lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add the quinoa, broccoli mixture, and the remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love the recipe? Let us know! Leave a comment about this article or anything else on the site in the section below.