A delicious side dish or a scrumptious main course.
This awesome quinoa and broccoli salad combines one of the world’s healthiest grains with tasty veggies, all dressed in a mouthwatering vinaigrette. Quinoa makes an incredible addition to countless meals, salad being no exception! It tastes delicious while packing in a bunch of awesome nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E, and potassium. In this killer recipe, quinoa’s nutty texture pairs perfectly with fresh veggies like tender broccoli florets, sliced radishes, and juicy corn kernels.
Almond slices add a delicate crunch to this colorful carnival of flavors and textures. Baked veggies blend beautifully with raw ingredients, forming a warm and cold combination your taste buds will adore! With enough protein and fiber to keep you full for hours, this salad makes a yummy meal by itself. It also serves as a lovely side dish to any main course!
Quinoa and Broccoli Salad
- 1 cup quinoa (any variety, we used red), well-rinsed
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds broccoli cut into florets, tough bottom stem discarded
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh, frozen or canned
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups romaine lettuce or whole baby lettuce of choice, such as baby kale or baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup almonds sliced
- 1/4 cup dill chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Allow to cool slightly.
- Toss the broccoli and corn with a tablespoon of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, until tender and lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a serving bowl, whisk the remaining olive oil with the lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add the quinoa, broccoli mixture, and the remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the recipe? Let us know! Leave a comment about this article or anything else on the site in the section below.