This easy-prep quinoa fruit salad combines fresh fruit with a delicious honey lime dressing. It makes a nice breakfast, light lunch, or even a snack. If you’re looking for something healthy to take to potluck or picnic, this is your go-to!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup |Calories: 241| Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 4 mg | Carbohydrates: 34g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints 8
- 1 cup dry quinoa, pre-rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup mango chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint leaves
- Over medium-high heat bring water and quinoa to a boil, reduce heat to a low-boil, cover and cook approximately 15 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed most of the water. Turn off the heat and leave the covered quinoa on the burner for another 5 minutes. Allow to cool then refrigerate until chilled.
- Combine the chilled quinoa with the fruit in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add the olive oil, lime juice and honey in a jar with a lid and shake. Toss with the salad and sprinkle on the fresh mint leaves.