Colors of the rainbow foods, or superfoods, have long been thought to have disease-preventing properties. We’ve combined six superfoods, added a simple to prepare dressing and created this multi-colored salad that is pure SkinnyLiciousness.
Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 94 | Total Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 166mg | Carbohydrates: 12g | Dietary Fiber: 3g | Sugars: 5g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints: 4 |
Honey-Lemon Dressing Yields: 4 | Serving size: ¼ of recipe | Calories: 93 | Total Fat: 7 gm | Saturated Fats: 1 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: mg | Sodium: 1 mg | Carbohydrates: 9 gm | Dietary fiber: 0 gm | Sugars: 9 gm | Protein: 0 gm | SmartPoints: 4 |
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, quartered, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, cut in half and thinly sliced
- Optional basil leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a salad bowl, toss to combine, drizzle with Honey-Lemon Dressing (below), and top with blue cheese crumbles.
- Honey-Lemon Dressing
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until smooth and combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- These recipes are featured in our cookbook, Skinny Ms. Superfoods.