This SkinnyLicious recipe takes only minutes to prepare. It contains two superfoods, cabbage and apples, is packed with nutrients including vitamins A, C and K. Best of all, it pairs well with many different entrees or can be eaten on its own for lunch or a light dinner. Red cabbage and apple slaw is the perfect dish for sharing with others at a picnic or special occasion, or for serving to your family as a side dish for Sunday dinner.
If you have been in search of a healthy slaw recipe, this is it. The recipe combines the tart taste of apples with the sour taste of a traditional slaw. This creates a tangy, delicious crunch that is great atop sandwiches or served beside your favorite picnic meal. Healthy food does not need to be lacking in taste!
If you are looking for other recipes, or you are hosting a get-together, and you want to pair this slaw with the perfect entree, we can help.
Yields: 4 | Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 156 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium:29 mg | Carbohydrates: 24 g | Dietary fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 17 g | Protein: 2 g | Smart Points: 7 |
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red cabbage
- 2 Organic Rome apples, cored, cut into 1” cubes, leave peeling on apples
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar, or juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Add cabbage and apple cubes to a large salad bowl, toss to combine. In a medium bowl or blender, combine vinegar, oil and honey. Salt and pepper salad to taste and drizzle with dressing, stir to combine.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.