Rhubarb makes a refreshing drink any time of year!
Rhubarbs have a delicious tart flavor that is so good when naturally sweetened. This veggie is popularly used in pies, jams, tarts, crumbles, drinks, and sauces. This time, we are sharing a refreshing, simple drink recipe that you can make over and over again, because after cooking the rhubarb syrup, you can conserve it in the refrigerator and prepare this drink whenever you like.
Rhubarb Iced Tea
- 1/2 cup rhubarb stalks chopped, rhubarb leaves are not edible
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey substitute with sucanat, coconut palm sugar, or maple syrup
- sparkling water
- 1 lemon sliced for garnishing
- Over medium heat, in a medium saucepan, put the water, rhubarb and brown sugar together then boil.
- When it boils, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the rhubarb becomes very soft.
- Using a sieve, let the rhubarb syrup pass through it, press the rhubarb to take out the juices then discard them. Let the syrup cool down.
- In 2 glasses, divide the syrup. Fill them up with ice, pour the sparkling water then stir.
- Garnish with the lemon.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Here are more delicious drinks to choose from:
Don’t miss out on the latest from Skinny Ms. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.