Cool off with a refreshing strawberry drink!
There’s nothing more satisfying on a hot day than gathering the flavors summer has to offer and combining them in a cool drink. Strawberries are popular ingredients in drinks, desserts, and salads as well as one of the top 50 best antioxidant sources. They are rich sources of vitamin C, manganese and other essential nutrients. Quite impressive for those small, succulent, red berries! They are at their prime when harvested and eaten from April to August. Let’s enjoy and drink them up!
Strawberry, Lime, and Basil Smash Drink
- 8 strawberries hulled and halved
- 5 basil leaves big, fresh
- 1/8 lime fresh, wedged
- 1 1/2 cups tonic water
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup agave, coconut palm sugar or stevia (add more if needed)
- In a mixing glass, add the strawberries, basil and lime. Muddle them thoroughly to release the juices and oils. In a small bowl, mix the honey or raw sugar with a little amount of tonic water (just enough to dilute it). When it has diluted, add to the mixing glass. Add the tonic water. Strain everything in 2 drinking glasses full of ice.
- Garnish with more strawberries, basil & lime if using.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Here are more cold fruity drinks you can enjoy this summer: