This Super Green Detox Drink is the perfect beverage to whip up after a night of indulging. From the infinite spectrum of green juices to green smoothies, green-based drinks are certainly trending these days, and for good reason! These nutrient-rich drinks nourish and detoxify your system, and help you feel great. This recipe in particular calls for powerful superfoods like kale, spinach, and cilantro, ingredients that offer countless health benefits your body will thank you for. And if the thought of sipping on liquefied veggies makes you cringe, don’t worry! We’ve added an apple to the recipe for a hint of sweetness that cranks up the flavor.
Click here to return to the Three day Cleanse & Detox Recipes.
Yields: 1 servings | Serving Size: 1 smoothie | Calories: 158 | Total Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 112 mg | Carbohydrates: 39 g | Dietary Fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 20 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints: 7 |
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 2 kale leaves
- 1 handful spinach
- Handful of fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 lemon peeled
- 1 apple, seeded, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- If using a juicer: Add all the above ingredients, except chia seeds, to a juicer and juice. Stir in chia seeds before drinking.
- If using a blender: Add all the above ingredients to a blender along with 1 cup chilled water. Add ice if desired. Blend until smooth. If no pulp is desired, strain smoothie through a fine mesh strainer before drinking.