The roasting process brings out the natural flavors of vegetables.
Try our roasted brussels sprouts recipe for one of the best side dishes ever! It’s very easy to make and only requires six ingredients. Deliciously roasted, these veggies are sure to please brussels sprout lovers everywhere. In fact, they’re so good that they may even appeal to picky eaters!
The Perfect Side Dish
This roasted brussels sprouts side dish is packed with delicious flavor and healthy ingredients. It pairs perfectly with many different entrees and cuisines! Our recipe includes brussels sprouts and cauliflower, but you can also swap in any other vegetables that you have on hand. Just dice them to a similar size and prep them the same way. No matter what you use, this low carb, high fiber vegetable dish is just what you need to make your meal perfect.
Brilliant Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are high in fiber, antioxidants, and essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K. Research shows they can even help decrease the risk of cancer and inflammation. Known for their rich, earthy flavor, these green vegetables are best served roasted if you ask me, but they can also be served boiled or shredded. Keep in mind that brussels sprouts are very high in fiber, which can cause problems if you have any digestive issues. If you can’t tolerate brussels sprouts, we suggest swapping them out for zucchini or broccoli.
How To Make This Side
Make this 6-ingredient side to pair with any entree. Start by lightly spraying a cookie sheet with an olive oil spray (or any other kind of oil spray). Spread the veggies out on the sheet and spray them with a light coat of oil as well. If you don’t have an oil sprayer, simply put the veggies in a bag with the oil and shake them around until well coated. Then, sprinkle the sprouts with the spices and parmesan.
Place the sheet in the oven and roast at 350 degrees F for approximately 35 to 45 minutes, or until the veggies are soft and cooked to your liking. Allow to cool a bit and serve wth your favorite main! Try The Easiest Air Fryer Chicken Breasts!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts cleaned and halved
- 1 head cauliflower medium, cleaned and cut into bit-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese fresh, grated fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil approximately
- Using an oil sprayer, lightly spray a cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Spread out the veggies on the cookie sheet and spray them with a light coat of oil as well. If you don't have an oil sprayer, simply put the veggies in a bag with the oil and shake them around until well coated with oil.
- Sprinkle with the spices and parmesan.
- Roast at 350 degrees F for approximately 35-45 minutes, or until the veggies are soft and cooked to your liking.
- Allow to cool a bit and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Want more veggie packed side dishes? Check out our list of 55 Healthy Summer Side Dishes.