Roasted Shrimp tastes amazing in soft tacos, with a little chili sauce or with pasta, the possibilities are endless.
This shrimp is perfect to use instead of chicken in this fantastic Soft Taco recipe.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 5 shrimp | Calories: 76 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 54 | Carbohydrates: 1 g | Sodium: 62 mg | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints: 2
- 20 large shrimp, peel and devein (do not remove the tail)
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- Juice from 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F or see grilling directions below.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and cilantro. Add oil and whisk to combine. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Let stand, covered in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Oven Method: Spread shrimp evenly in a non-stick cooking sheet or casserole dish. Roast 4-5 minutes or until pink and opaque. Remove from oven and drizzle with lime juice.
- Grilling Method: Preheat grill. Place 4 shrimp on each skewer. Cook shrimp on an oiled rack for 2 minutes on each side, or until pink and opaque. Remove shrimp and drizzle with lime juice.