Spruce up taco night with this succulent recipe!
Roasted Shrimp tastes amazing in soft tacos, with a little chili sauce or with pasta, the possibilities are endless.
This shrimp is perfect to use instead of chicken in this fantastic Soft Taco recipe.
Grilled or Roasted Shrimp
- 20 shrimp large, peel and devein (do not remove the tail)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F or see grilling directions below.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and cilantro. Add oil and whisk to combine. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Let stand, covered in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Spread shrimp evenly in a non-stick cooking sheet or casserole dish. Roast 4-5 minutes or until pink and opaque. Remove from oven and drizzle with lime juice.
- Preheat grill. Place 4 shrimp on each skewer. Cook shrimp on an oiled rack for 2 minutes on each side, or until pink and opaque. Remove shrimp and drizzle with lime juice.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Making these today! I think I'll throw them on top of some polenta I have going in my rice cooker. Thanks for the delectable idea!
Do you think this recipe would work for pre-cooked frozen shrimp? Thanks!
Kerri, Hmmmmm…well, you could add the spices and olive oil, toss in shrimp and thaw quickly while cooking a few minutes.
I use pre-cooked shrimp in all of the dishes that I prepare. I adapt the recipe to only cook it long enough to thaw and heat it through.