This Buddha bowl brings together quinoa and veggies in an easy and flavorful combination.
What’s better than a protein-packed superfood bowl of yummy whole ingredients? Not much! That’s why we love experimenting with buddha bowls. They make great pre-made lunches since you can prep them far in advance! Plus, they’re as delicious as they are powerful, and this Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Buddha Bowl is no exception. Quinoa serves as the base, so you know it’s good for you.
Simply roast the vegetables in the oven and garnish with avocado, almonds, parsley, and a balsamic vinegar and honey drizzle. It only takes 30 minutes. After you try it once, you’ll probably want to eat it over and over. Luckily, you can make a big batch of quinoa and veggies, then make this recipe for lunch throughout the week in no time at all!
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Buddha Bowl
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red onion diced large
- 1 red pepper diced large
- 2 cups garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup dark balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 4 cups spinach raw
- 2 avocado small, peeled, pitted, and diced large
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, minced
- 1/2 cup almonds sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the broccoli, cauliflower, onion, red pepper, and garbanzo beans with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Be sure to fully coat the vegetables in oil. Spread in a single even layer on a large baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, just until vegetables begin to char.
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar and honey to a boil stirring frequently. Reduce to a simmer, continue to cook until the vinegar has reduced by half or about 1/2 cup. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place quinoa in the bottom of 4 serving bowls, about 1/2 cup per bowl. On top of the quinoa, place the roasted vegetables, only taking about half of the space in the bowl. About 1 cup of vegetables per bowl. Place the spinach on top of the quinoa, taking up the remaining half. Top the entire bowl with the diced avocado, about 1/3 cup per bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and almonds. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the balsamic vinegar and honey mixture on top. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite buddha bowl recipe? Let us know in the comments below!