Craving something satisfying in a hurry? We’ve got you covered with our grab-and-go salmon & avocado salad with lemon dressing! In this recipe, clean, wholesome ingredients like wild salmon, avocado, and juicy tomatoes are thrown into a portable jar.
In addition to being a snap to make, the delectable dish spotlights one of our favorite superfoods: salmon. This nutrient-rich fish adds smooth, savory protein to the layered meal. A mouthwatering mixture of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, honey, and mustard dresses the salad wonderfully and adds serious zing to its flavor. Throw together these nutritious jars before a busy day and simply grab one as you rush out the door!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 267 | Total Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 206mg | Carbohydrates: 8g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 14g | SmartPoints: 9
- 1 (6 to 8 ounce) can wild salmon, drained
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 cups loosely packed salad greens
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (from half lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (from half lemon)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 jars
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing except olive oil. Slowly drizzle olive oil, whisking all the while. Dressing can be packed separately or placed as the first ingredient in the bottom of jars.
- Toss avocado in lemon juice. This will add some zing to the avocado and keep it from browning.
- Add an even amount of diced tomatoes to each jar, then cheese, then avocado, then salmon, then lettuce. Securely screw the lid on each jar and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Love the salad? Hungry for more? Let us know! Leave a comment below about this article or anything else on the site.