Say farewell to the days when your veggie side dish went ignored. Your guests will give this Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Cherry Tomatoes Skillet the attention it deserves. You’ll be lucky if there are any leftovers! Nutrient-rich sprouts are shredded and cooked with juicy cherry tomatoes to crisp-tender perfection. Succulent brussels sprouts pair wonderfully with tomatoes to form a dish bursting with vitamin C and other essential nutrients. Dressed with garlic and some salt and pepper to taste, this skillet recipe is a dinnertime stunner.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 58 | Total Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 304 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 2g | SmartPoints: 2
- 2 cups (1 pint) brussels sprouts, tough stem ends cut off and halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup whole cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 clove garlics, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place brussels sprouts cut side down on cutting board. Slice finely to shred. Pour oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shredded sprouts, cherry tomatoes, dried cranberries, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook for one additional minute.
For more tantalizing veggie dishes, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and subscribe to our newsletter. We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave us a comment below.