You won't be able to believe how good this healthy parfait tastes!
Skinny Berry Parfait is proof that desserts don’t need added sweeteners to taste delicious. Our healthy parfait recipes are a great option for those with a sweet tooth that don’t want to sabotage their diets. Berry parfait recipes provide a number of benefits. They are lower in calories than cakes, cookies, and other dessert treats. They are made with whole, healthy ingredients, including berries. Berries are rich in antioxidants and are a low calorie sweet treat. The parfaits also include whole grains and protein, so you get a treat that is satisfying, but still good for you.
Not only do berry parfaits make a great substitute for other dessert options, they are a great choice for breakfast. Kids love them because they are sweet and tasty, but parfaits are also popular with adults. They are easy to make and can be created in advanced and stored in the fridge, so they make a great grab and go breakfast. If you are having a tough time meeting any of your dietary needs – protein, whole grains, fruit and veggies – or you sometimes skip breakfast all together, berry parfaits can be a saving grace.
Looking for other healthy breakfast options? Give our french toast or healthy blueberry pancakes a try!
Skinny Berry Parfait
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almonds with skins, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 cups raspberry yogurt here's the recipe, just change out strawberry spread for raspberry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, almonds and cinnamon. Stir in melted coconut oil to combine with other ingredients. Line a cookie sheet with parchment, spread oats evenly and bake approximately 20 minutes or until golden. Stir after 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- You'll likely have leftover granola. This granola is a wonderful snack or topping. Try adding raisins or other dried fruit without added sweeteners.
- Alternate yogurt, granola and berries in parfait glasses.
- Choose other berries if you prefer.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.
can you give us a substitute for the coconut oil? I am allergic to coconuts
Judi, Pure butter (unsalted) will work.
If I just wanted to eat the granola, how much is a serving?
Cherle, A half cup of the granola is a serving.
The recipe says place in four parfait glasses but it states that it serves six?
Pauline, Yes, this recipe serves 6 for a small portion, but if you wanted to have medium size portions you can use the full recipe for 4 servings. We've corrected the typo. Thank you!