Skinny Berry Parfait is proof that desserts don’t need added sweeteners to taste delicious. Our healthy parfait recipes are a great option for those with a sweet tooth that don’t want to sabotage their diets. Berry parfait recipes provide a number of benefits. They are lower in calories than cakes, cookies, and other dessert treats. They are made with whole, healthy ingredients, including berries. Berries are rich in antioxidants and are a low calorie sweet treat. The parfaits also include whole grains and protein, so you get a treat that is satisfying, but still good for you.
Not only do berry parfaits make a great substitute for other dessert options, they are a great choice for breakfast. Kids love them because they are sweet and tasty, but parfaits are also popular with adults. They are easy to make and can be created in advanced and stored in the fridge, so they make a great grab and go breakfast. If you are having a tough time meeting any of your dietary needs – protein, whole grains, fruit and veggies – or you sometimes skip breakfast all together, berry parfaits can be a saving grace.
Servings: 6 | Calories: 276 | Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fats: 8 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 mg | Sodium: 32 mg | Carbohydrates: 29 gm | Dietary fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10 |
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almonds with skins, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 cups raspberry yogurt (here's the recipe, just change out strawberry spread for raspberry)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, almonds and cinnamon. Stir in melted coconut oil to combine with other ingredients. Line a cookie sheet with parchment, spread oats evenly and bake approximately 20 minutes or until golden. Stir after 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- You'll likely have leftover granola. This granola is a wonderful snack or topping. Try adding rasins or other dried fruit without added sweeteners.
- Alternate yogurt, granola and berries in parfait glasses.
- Choose other berries if you prefer.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.