These are perfect for a weekend brunch, or you can even take them to go when you've got a busy morning.
French Toast is an all-time classic breakfast favorite. These Skinny French Toast Bites aren’t just delicious, they’re fun to eat! The bites are dredged in eggs and vanilla, then crisped up in coconut oil and finished with a dusting of coconut sugar and cinnamon. Free of artificial ingredients and sugar, these French Toast Bites have all the flavor of an indulgent breakfast without any of the guilt.
These are perfect for a weekend brunch, or you can even take them to go when you’ve got a busy morning. Use your favorite bread or switch up the flavors by using nutmeg, allspice or anything else you might have on hand!
Skinny French Toast Bites
- 4 slices sourdough bread thick, crust removed
- 2 eggs large
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil optional butter
- Combine coconut sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Slice bread into bite-size cubes, about 8 cubes per slice. Whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla until well combined. Dip cubes in the mixture just to coat the outside, being careful not to soak the cubes.
- Place cubes on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil to a large non-stick skillet, turn to medium heat. Add half the cubes and cook on all sides until golden, about 3 minutes. Immediately dust with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Add the remaining coconut oil and repeat the process.
- If desired, serve bites with pure maple syrup.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Recipe adapted from Recipe Tin Eats.
What’s your typical to-go breakfast? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below.