Veggies make this burger extra moist and it's loaded with lean protein.
Nothing says summer more than a backyard barbecue. Unfortunately, so many of the foods we love to barbecue aren’t exactly the best for our bodies. Don’t let a little summer indulgence derail your plans to eat healthy. Our Turkey Veggie Burger will let you enjoy a juicy and delicious backyard burger without the added fat and calories. Made with only 100% clean, whole ingredients, our Turkey Veggie Burger also provides a hefty dose of protein and vegetable nutrients. We’ve used zucchini and carrots to make this burger extra moist, and a little garlic and seasonings ensure that you won’t have to sacrifice taste.
Grilled Turkey Veggie Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 slices whole-grain artisan bread
- 6 romaine heart lettuce leafs
- 1 tomato medium, sliced for 6 servings
- In a large mixing bowl combine the first six ingredients and shape into 6 patties. Patties can be cooked on an outdoor grill, griddle, skillet, or oven broiler. Cook patties over medium heat for about about 12 minutes or until there is no longer any pink color.
- While the burgers are cooking, brush olive oil over one side of bread slices and either broil in the oven, place on a griddle or skillet, and cook until golden and crispy. Add favorite condiments to the burgers and serve immediately.
- Try our Goat Cheese Yogurt Spread, featured in the Turkey Veggie Burger photo.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms